Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Friday 5 April 2013

Wedding Stressing

Since my last blog I have been stressing about a wedding shoot I have coming up.

I had sorted borrowing both a long lens and a 2nd body for the weekend, While the night was going and i was planing the last few bits the friend Iwas borrowing the lens from worked out that she is infact leaving to go to the US on the wedding day itself. 

Fuck!

That left me with only a 16-70mm range for the day, As any shooter could tell you 70mm even on a crop body is no where near close enough for shooting a wedding. Yes I could step closer but I dont wanna shoot in the faces of the people getting marred.



I asked on facebook for a friend who has something I could borrow, thankfully another friend has some glass that will give me some more zoom range. It is only an F4 but its better to bump up my ISO then have to stop that close or miss the shoot complety. Its good to have friends sometimes.

All of tonight I have been reading up or watching videos from kelby training or youtube to get some more ideas for this shoot. Trouble with all of this is that its a little bit last minit, giving the real chance I would have at least a month to plan this, meeting with the bride and groom at least once to get the planning down

I am going to pop to the church tomorrow and check out the place but I need to know what times things are going to happen, what groups are going to be shooting and everything else, You wanna plan these things so on the day everyone knows what happening and what time its going to be...


A wedding is slip into differnt parts... The early part of the day should be canded shots of the bride getting ready... on this shoot im told that someone else is getting this set, a real pain as this is the brides day and the main shooter (aka ME) should be following her all day long. I get to cover the guys witch is still good and I am friends of the groom so I must do the best with what I have.

The next stage is like canded shots again, but with a little event photography added in, the wedding itself is shot very much back, zooming in and bounicing around the church to get the shots of the service.



After that its like a portat shoot, getting the groups together, a massive group shot then dropping a few people and then some more and more till its only the bride and groom along... This is somewhere I get a little confused... the bride and groom drive off into the sunset - is this when we do just the new cupple? I dont know this is something that i need to find out within the next week.

This is where doing a pre shoot would really help, doing a pre shoot helps to find both the right angles of the bride and groom but also gives them some idea of what the images on the day will look like.



After this section its really just event photography and this is where I know I shine, I have coverd 100s of events in my time and I know i can get some really cool images.

I know I can do all of the different bits of a wedding shoot and I have one booked up for next year to get ready for, this will be good training but its no where near as planed. I am hoping to get all of this together in the next week or so.

Sorry for the rant but i needed to get some of this off my chest as I have enough on my plant now that i have to deal with






No comments:

Post a Comment