Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Wednesday 27 July 2011

When Photoshop goes Wrong/Right

Last night I was playing with 2 images from the weekend, One was a muiti shot of me(I was getting the lighting right for the girls) and the other was a composite shoot with the girls cut out & placed in a shop.

The composite shot was the one I knew how to do, It was a case of cutting the girls out and placing them on an random image I got from the internet. It took me over an hour to cut them out and look good (Between the 2 girls and the tape measurer)

After a long time with placement, putting a drop shadow in and trying to blend the 2 images together, I am still not happy with it!

The other was something different and new to me, Using a layer mask is nothing new to me but using it in the way that I would not use. hiding a layermask and keeping it on a top layer in Photoshop, After spending over an hour doing the 1st (composite of the girls) image.
this image took me all of about 3mins to do.

I must say that the settings and in camera stuff was already fine so there was very little to worry about in post (Doing it right in camera is always the best way to work in post)

The 2 images are doing (almost) the same thing but just different ways of doing it. But with the better set up and ease of post I really love the 2nd image.

No comments:

Post a Comment