Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Thursday 11 August 2011

House Of Reeves R.I.P


Today I had a little trip to Croydon. For the people NOT in London - Croydon comes under south London but must would call it just outside of the city as it has a CR postcode (London has a compass postcode aka SE1 NW4 etc)
Croydon had alot of trouble on Monday from all the riots, as did alot of London but they had alot more looting and big skyle fires.

One of the places that got burnt down was a shop called House of Reeves, This shop opened in 1867 and has been in the same family for over 5 generations. 150 years its been there, survived the great war, survived the Blitz of the 2nd and has been open through everything.

But last Monday a bunch of kids pissed off and believing the that world owe them something decided to burn it to the ground. What they had done speaks volumes to me, Not only do they not care about anyone but themselves. They are destroying it for every other generation that will come after, Putting everyone that has come from low income and a broken home background in a bad light.

I am one of these people, I came from next to nothing and I have worked my ass off to get where I am, By not means am I rich or drive around in nice cars of have a house that's all mine. But I have got something that many of these kids don't have, Something there parents have never taught them. And that's self respect

Now I could go on all day about this but this blog was for a place I used to see as a kid, A place that I liked and remember very fondly, and this is to say good buy to Reeves and good by to another memory of my childhood!

them images below are my work, The ones above are from google, There are more on my site on this LINK.






No comments:

Post a Comment