Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Saturday 6 August 2011

The Karate Kid that does not learn Karate?

I just finished watching the new remake of one of my fav films from when I was a kid.
The orangel The Karate Kid was one of the films that got me into martial arts when I was young and when I heard that they where going to make it again I could not belive it. There has been so many remakes to old films that have sucked that I could not bear it to happen to a flim that I feel kinda defined me in many ways.

Now I have to say this as I have been bitching about Hollywood remakes for a while now, but THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!

This film shows respect to the earlier ones but was not a scene for scene remake. With short lines and little actions that pay homager to what was a BIG film in my childhood.

I was not going to watch it just under the principle of it but after my brother watched it and told me it was not that bad I kinda changed my mind, then I herd that Jackie Chan was also in the film as Pat Morita's Mr. Miyagi role.

It was a really good film by itself! Even without watching the 1st movie its still good, Jaden Smith really was good and Jackie really hits the part much better that I would have given him credit for.

Anyone whos on the fence about this movie check it out, I was very happen about what they did and in a very silly way I kinda hope they would make the next one as well lol.

One last thing, why did they call it "The Karate Kid" when the kid does not learn Karate?
For the people who done know Karate (meaning Open Hand) comes from Okinawa, Japan and this film is set in China, he is tought Kung-fu by Jackie Chan's character, This is even pointed out IN the film... Just a silly little thing to thing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment