Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Friday 4 May 2012

Poverty Wizards!

Today I ordered my 1st set of "poverty wizards"!

In the world of photography there are 2 types of gear, The great and the cheap! Not being rich makes it hard to get good gear but there is nearly always a cheaper option. If you save ALOT then owning something like an L lens is well worth the wait (believe me I own a 2.8 L and LOVE IT!) but if you dont mind having or cant wait/Save that long, Getting slower lenses can be much cheaper and does the job (but you do get what you pay for).

50mm 1.8(£80) - 1.4(£340) - 1.2L(£1200) (left to right)

Just like with lens other photography gear has the pricie things and the cheap version, This brings me to Flash Triggers. The industry stranded are Pocket wizards, These are amazing triggers and I would love to own a set one day but as there around £300 per unit and you must have a min on 2 so you can see how costly they can be. 
Pocket wizards Plus II
The set above only allow full manual control, There are a set that have E-ttl (through the lens) called the Flex and the mini flex, At 1st I wanted a set of triggers that had E-ttl and the "cheap" set did look really good, and at only £130 for a trigger and reviser it was much cheaper then the Wizard's and had some great reviews themself.

But over the last few weeks I have kinda ditched E-ttl because I watch a video on one light set-up telling me how to control your flash using your aperture. Using this you will always get the same amount of light from your flash and you can use it on a lower setting. In turn... using it at 1/4 power makes the refresh time faster and makes your batters last longer. Then it dawned on me, I use my camera in FULL manual so why don't I use my flash in the same way.


Yongnuo RF-603 wireless flash trigger
I had a look online for a good set of cheap manual trigers and came across the 
Yongnuo RF-603 wireless flash trigger, Watched a few different YouTube vids and they look to work very well. and with a cost of only £25 for a set of 3 its worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment