Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Friday 18 May 2012

Sucker Punch (A Year On)

Hidden Symbolism

Sucker Punch is one hell of a movie. Its screen play and director Zack Snyder made an great looking film with some amazing set pieces that lived up to the trailer for this film. That being said if you look beyond the the action and titillation you end up with a very deep film. Now if you have not watched it I would say to check it out, No really! Buy it, Rent it, just watch it!


Me and Fluff saw it at the iMax in London last year and are still talking about it now. This film could be used as a case study with with its use of effect and composition to all of the hints and double meanings placed with-in its frames. Most will just come out of it with the images of girls in hot outfits, or an over whelming idea of a computer games cut scenes action with a light weight story. This is a simplistic view in my opinion.

Freedom or detachment 

Now I love films to have many layers as I think about everything in a film, not only what's in the film but what they chose to keep out. What mind set the director is in or what hidden meaning are placed within the movie. I do feel that many people just did not understand what was told with this story. Its not just empty action and CGI, this film has depth and meaning for those who wish to look.

Sucker Punch really can take you as deep as the rabbit hole goes... There are many articles online that can take you throught the looking glass but I am not going to take you there with this blog, Such an article will take me a long time to write. I am not going to push you down that way of thinking, just watch and make up your own mind as both me and Fluff still have many things to say about what I personally think is one amazing mind fucking film.

Sucker Punch in more ways then one!

No comments:

Post a Comment