Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Thursday 7 March 2013

Focus On Image (20130306)

Focus On Image is a photography exbo that was held in the NEC near Birmingham -  And today I went to it!

I went with a friend and fellow tog Michael -  from Mal Photography. At a very early start we set off for the 2 hour drive from London to Birmingham 



We made it in good time with one stop off at the services, Where Michael had one of the worst looking english breakfasts I have ever seen, and from his review it did not taste any better than it looked.

Around 9ish we parked up and set off on foot to the NEC, A cold snap that really woke me up as I left my coat in the car. The event itself was carm and warm, I left most of my gear at home for this one and just had my 16-35 and my 50mm to shoot the event with. 

We checked out all the stands, from Nikon to Canon, the 3rd party lens and some of the other stalls at the show. Talked with some random and had a really nice day.

I got to play with alot of the toys I will own one day, from the 85mm 1.2 L (£1650.00) to the flagship camera body from canon the 1Dx (£4500.00) & the new 24-70 2.8 Lii (£1795.00).

Shot with the Canon 1Dx w/ 24-70 2.8 L ii
The 1Dx is an amazing camera, 10FPS, hi ISOs and one sexy as hell body, This is the camera one day I will own and I might add this was shot at 3200 and the image is super clean with noise 

Shot with the 24-70 2.8L ii
 I poped the 24-70 2.8 L ii while waiting to get my hands on the 85mm 1.2, I own the older version and I do still like mine but this was lighter and a little more smoother in feeling but still felt a little cheap when compared to mine at home.

Shot with the Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC USD
As many of you know I covert the dirty white godness that is the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 L ii but as that lens is still around £1800.00 I wanted to have a look at the 3rd party glass that comes in at just under £1000.00... This was a really nice lens, worked very well and had a very good construction. This would be anamazing lens to own and I would be lucky to have it - BUT - Knowing that there is better out there and the older version i of the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 is still a better lens and 2nd hand you can be a ittle luck and  get it ust over £1k.

Shot with the Canon 85mm 1.2 L — with Michael Laing.
Now this was the lens of the day... Michael has an 85mm 1.8 G for his Nikon and has his eye on the 85mm 1.4, but its a fight between the Nikon or the Carl Zeiss... While we were talking about his dream lens for the day he talked me into trying out the canon versions... The amazing and jizz worthy 85mm 1.2 L. So while we waited at the canon stand I had a go... AND OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!! This lens has a rep well deserved  its build and quilty is amazing, the creamy bokea is just to die for and in my crop body it works out around 136mm and at F1.2 it just gives hmmm nom nom nom I dont think I can do it justice. 


All in all, I had an amazing day, its a shame that I did not have the funds to get some cool bits and I was tired like a dog but next time, I hope to be a little more ready.

The full set of my images can be found on this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment