Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Wednesday 20 March 2013

South West Spinning Video

Last weekwend I went down to the tunnels under Waterloo for a burn, I already posted the pics and a full blog about it but this time I wanna talk about the video I shot!

I mostly went down to shoot stills for tis event but I also wanted to get some video, I have never really shot a video with fire before and I through as I have some gear with me I might give it a try... My video editting skills are (very) Slowly coming together but I did not just wanna lead from one clip to the next with this video, I wanted it to be choppy and fast with lots of cut aways and stuff.

It took me 3 days to find the right music to go along with the video. With the help of a friend I found a great one... Ants by edIT. It was both a fast pasted and slow pasted tune with alot of jumps and cuts in it... Trouble is I could not get all the cuts in the vid to mix with the music. There is a part where the track fades out really slowly and then stops before coming back in again. I ended up putting a slow-mo bit of myself spinning in there and I wanted it to blend it into a clip of Ems doing hoop where she is going slow and then Pushes the hoop super fast around her... aka bring the slow - stop - fast bits of the music into the slow - stop - fast bit of the video. My timing was off andit just sticks out like a thumb after some trouble with a very large door.

I have looked it over a few times on youtube (over 8 hours on the upload this time) and there are a million little things I wanna change, The slow-mo bit I talked about earlier is something I would have liked to use more, at the start with the burn off would have been a good one. Cut away clips with next to no one in them slow down the video and I would have liked to have had a little more zoom on my len (24-70 would have been a good lens to bring)

Another thing I would have liked to ass was many more spinners, the event was pretty small and only about 7 spinners so you see the same faces and moves alot and my own clips were ramrod stiff as no one was behind the camera to be zoomed in and flowy.

Anyways... Here is the video I finished with and next time I go to a burn I am going togo and only shoot video - see if I can make something a little better.



No comments:

Post a Comment