Sample Photos

SAMPLE PHOTOS
DSC03119 DSC03119 DSC03015 DSC02868 DSC09796+Sedit0002 DSC00402+edit DSC09121 Jinie edit DSC04921

Sunday 20 January 2013

Honeycomb Grid


On my birthday last month I got a gift card from Queenie and M. I belive she wanted me to get some book from the inscription "So you don't go completely dumb." But as I am in need of tog gear more then books right now I got 2 little things that I have been eyeing up of late.


Opteka OSG14 1/4 and 1\8 " Universal Honeycomb Speed Grid for External Camera Flashes.

Ok it works like this, light goes in strat lines, when you fire a flash it goes all over the place (see the "no grid" image). What these Honeycomb Grids do is channel the light into a very narrow beam.

No Grid
1\4 Grid
1\8 Grid
 Today I got to use them in a real world shoot (See blog blow). With the way they control light you can do some really cool things with them, and really make something stand out or make sure that the gels really hit the back drop where you want them.



Im hoping to use this same system of some up coming shoots as they seemed to have worked so well on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment